When it comes to skincare, I admit that I turn into one hell of a crazy bitch. For years, I have been obsessed with achieving what I call the “perfect” skin. Whether this actually exists or not, I persist in spending copious amounts of money on new products to help me obtain my dream skin. As y’all probably know from my previous posts, I am a sufferer (tad dramatic) of sensitive skin and the odd dose of eczema, so my journey of skincare product-testing has not been easy. Plenty of products have broke me out, burned away my skin and in some cases.. just simply did nothing at all! Finally, however, I think I have stumbled across a routine and a batch of products that actually works for my skin. My skin may not be “perfect” but it is certainly noticeably clearer and generally speaking improved. Hurrah!
Aaaaand it’s all thanks to these bad boys:
1) Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser: This is by no means a “newbie” to my skincare routine but in fact a firm and long-term favourite. It does the job, keeps my skin nice and clear with zero irritation. I’m in love.
2) Simple’s Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser: Again, another oldie that has managed to keep its’ place in my forever changing skincare routine. This moisturiser is true to its name.. it literally is nice and SIMPLE. It moisturises my skin but without leaving it too oily. Perfect for under make-up.
3) Simple’s Kind to Skin cleansing Wipes: This one is a tad controversial as face wipes have been deemed the devil of skincare. However, we all at some stage or another are guilty of using the odd face wipe or two ( okay more 😉 ) I tend to use these before my cleanser to remove all of my make-up. These wipes are particularly good at removing waterproof mascara and are not too drying on the skin.
4) Avene Eau Thermale: Another simple product which I use as my toner. A tad expensive for what is essentially: water in a can… buuuut it’s very handy to keep in my bag. And it’s actually great for setting make-up or for just a mere “freshening up” after a long day.
5) Aveeno “Positively Radiant Eye-Brightening Cream” I added this bad boy to my beauty routine just before Christmas and my eyes have never been happier. I suffer from the dreaded puffy eye and this cream really helps. I’ve found it very moisturising but not too heavy around the eye area and it isn’t too greasy under make-up. It’s all you could want really.
6) LA ROCHE-POSAY’s “Cicaplast Baume B5” soothing repairing balm: Perhaps the most recent addition to my little skincare family so I don’t want to say too much too soon. However, I’ve been using it for a few days and I’m already a huge fan. I’ve heard so many good things about this growing cult product so I hope it lives up to its name. Stay tuned for my updated verdict.
7) Dr. Andrew Weils for Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask: Okay, I have to confess that this was quite the splurge, retailing at nearly 50 yo yos. However, I have to admit that it has proven to be completely worth every DOLLAH. I apply a generous layer of this luxury yummyness once a week…and my face is in literal face heaven. It works at soothing my skin and banishes any redness or irritation. Even with the hefty price tag, I would happily re-purchase this product once this tube has run out.
8) Clear Complexion Tablets: Slight shift from my usual batch of “Perfectil”. I was in my local Holland & Barrett a few months ago and stumbled across these and though “Ah, heck why not”. They contain ingredients such as Burdock Root and Blue Flag which have been known to contribute to glowing skin. It’s hard to say if they have truly helped but it can’t help to keep using them, eh?
9) Sudocrem: Probably my most favourite and coveted skincare product ever. Good ol’ Sudocrem really does solve it all. Any time I have a nasty spot or irritation ..BAM..on goes the Sudocrem and my skin is back to normal the next day. I love this stuff so much.. I literally would be lost without it.
10) The Body Shop Camomile Eye make-up remover: Probably my favourite eye make-up remover that I’ve ever tried as it is water-based and tends to glide on and off the eye area quite smoothly. Removes all stubborn make-up and doesn’t irritate my sensitive peepers. Thank you Body Shop! 🙂
Well that’s it folks… My skincare routine…for what I hope will still be my skincare routine for quite some time.
If any of you have tried any of the products that I’ve listed above, I’d love to hear your thoughts.. or equally, if you’d like to share your skincare routine with me…please leave a link to your blog post or simply leave a comment below… I love hearing from you guys!
Thanks for reading guys and until next time, Bye Kx:) xx
3 thoughts on “My New Skincare Routine”
Sounds like an amazing routine!.. I am a huge sucker for skincare stuff so I can understand when you say how much money you spend on them :).. Clear Complexion Tablets sounds great….. Lemme check around and see if it’s available in my place.. Perfectil is available here but this, am not sure about…
Even if they don’t do the exact same tablets in your area, you should check out your pharmacy for anything that contains Burdock Root as that is the main ingredient in these tablets. They are super cheap as well which gives them an edge over Perfectil. Let me know if you find them! 🙂
Thanks!.. I will check them out 🙂