Over the past year, I’ve found myself like a magnet to the Rimmel stands in drug-stores as I feel they are coming up tops when it comes to new releases month after month. They are fastly becoming one of my favourite brands and rightly so, after this new cracker of a foundation I’m about to review. As y’all probably know, I was a HUGE fan of their “Wake Me Up” Foundation over the summer. It gave the right amount of dewy-glowy-ness I needed for perfect summer skin. However, as it is now approaching winter, I find myself wanting a more matte polished look and Wake Me Up just doesn’t cut it. Then along came “Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation” and rocked WORLD!
My skin is fickle. It is sensitive with mostly combination to oily areas…which as you can tell is a bitch when it comes to foundation shopping! I find it really hard to find a matte foundation that keeps the shine at bay without giving me that dull slightly dead look. I was reluctant to try this new foundation, as I feared that due to it’s quite cheap price tag, the quality might be cheap also. Boy was I wrong!
To keep this review nice and simple I’ve divided my thoughts on this bad boy into a nifty to-the-point Pros and Cons list below.
- comes in a handy tube, great for travelling. No wastage, Hygienic.
- You get a standard-sized 30mls… which is incredible at only under 8 yo yos.
- only foundation I’ve ever tried that keeps the shine at bay all day.
- I use the shade 100 Ivory which is pretty much spot on with my skin colour!
- multi-use product as there’s no need for powder
- other products apply brilliantly and very smoothly over it
- not drying at all despite being an oil-free formula.
- great coverage: medium to full and build-able: gives a very flawless, almost airbrushed effect. (Hurrah!)
- Doesn’t look like you are wearing a heavy coverage foundation
- only had to use a little concealer with it.
- durability is like no other; no touch up needed at all throughout the day,
I will admit, it was actually hard to find some cons to this foundation, but for the sake of a fair review, I decided to put in even my smallest gripes.
- Like most drug-store foundations, the colour range in this foundation collection is quite poor: people with skin tones to the extremes of both ends of the scale…(very pale to very dark) are excluded in the shade choice. Rimmel, please sort this out!!
- While this foundation lasts all day there was little bit of creasing around the nose area about half way through the day. It nothing major but you do need to make sure you blend this foundation in well. I find this foundation works best with my fingers but if that’s not for you, use a dense brush like the Real Techniques Buffering brush.
Verdict: I don’t think I need to say but just in case you haven’t got the message yet… I FREAKING love this foundation. If you are in the market for a shine control, long lasting foundation that gives a flawless finish all for less than a tenner then this foundation is for you. Heck, just go buy it now.. yes now… GO!
[Top Tip] When testing out foundation shades in drugstores.. make sure you test the colour on the side of your chin or cheek to ensure you get the closet match. Testing the foundation on your hand won’t work as the skin on your hands tends to be slightly darker due to more sun exposure. Nobody likes a mis-matched foundation guuuurl!
Anyone else try out this newbie from Rimmel? What did you think?
2 thoughts on “Sleepingbootay Reviews: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation”
My daughter needs to try this one.
You should definitely get her to give it a go! Can’t recommend this enough AND it won’t break the bank! Let me know how she gets on! 🙂