Phew, I took my sweet time but ladies, it’s here, my pick of the best 2013 had to offer! So grab a cuppa’ cause this is gonna be a long’un!
- Foundation: Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse
- Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent
- Concealer: Collection’s Lasting Perfection Concealor. Been using it for nearly 3 years now, I’ll be gutted if they ever discontinue.
- Blush: Sleek Blush Trio in Lace
- Eyeliner: Soap & Glory SuperCat liquid liner in Extreme Black
- Lipstick: 2013 was all about the plum lip for me. I couldn’t get enough.Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107, MAC Rebel and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip balm stains in Crush.
- Lipbalm: Nuxe Reve de Miel has stolen the show second year in row. I simply cannot find anything better. Will 2014 change that?..we’ll see…
- Mascara: Maybelline Volum’Express The Rocket Washable Mascara. I’ll admit, I didn’t like it at first but now I’m a huge fan!
- Eyeshadow: Rimmel Scandaleyes shadow paint in Golden Bronze and Maybelline Colour Tattoo in “On and On Bronze” (I realize these are quite similar)
- Highlighter: Clarins Instant Light Perfector, just the right amount of glow without looking shiny.
- Bronzer: I’m not a huge bronzer gal but on the odd day that I used it, I stayed faithful to my trusty Nars Laguna.
- Brushes: Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman.. they are simply the best
- Shampoo: Very boring, but Pantene for Fine hair has kept my locks happy this year. Cheap and cheerful.
- Conditioner: L’oreal Ever Riche … you are all probably sick of hearing about this bad boy by now but it really is worth the hype
- Styling product: Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo; dry shampoo that isn’t sticky, doesn’t leave residue and acts as a volumiser at the same time? Surely it’s magic?! Move over Batiste. I’ll be posting an official review soon, if you’re intrigued.
- Hair Tool: I’m still just as obsessed with my Tangle Teezer as I’ve always been but a new hair tool addition to my hair care routine has been the Babyliss big curl curling wand. Creates large waves rather than ringlets.. adds a lot of controlled volume.
- Cleanser: Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm
- Moisturiser: I dabbled in a few fancies this year but I have to admit that I always came back to Simple’s Light Daily Moisturiser. The skin wants what the skin wants
- Serum: Trilogy Rosehip Oil has changed my skin’s life. Possible my star find of the year!
- Treatment: Indeed Labs’ Hydraluron. I gave in to the hype half way through the year and boy am I glad I did!
- Spot Treatment: Origins Super Spot Remover.
- Mask: Origins Mega Mushroom skin relief mask saw me through a few pretty rough times during the year.
- Lip Scrub: Lush Popcorn lip scrub, I fear I’ve ranted and raved about this so much already. So i’ll just say it’s great and leave it at that.
- Body Moisturiser: Sanctuary Dry Oil
- Scrub: Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Scrub..possibly one of the greatest things you’ll ever smell.
- Shower Product: Gillette & Olay shaving foam
- Perfume: Marc Jacobs Daisy and Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb
- Foot care: It’s a part of my body I sometime’s neglect but last year I used some lovely products to keep my piggies happy. For all the nasty dry skin, I used Emjoi Micro Pedi which is one of the best foot buffers I’ve ever tried. To follow this, I then used my Soap & Glory Heel Genius foot cream.
- Candle: Overly predictable but yes, it was a Yankee Candle, this year I was loving Blueberry!
- Nail Polish: I was a tab overly obsessed with the neon nail trend that went on this year. Call me clingy, but I’m bringing it with me to 2014, nobody can stop me!!
- Book: Can I cheat and name a trio? This year I was blown away by Gillian Flynn’s book, namely her famous “Gone Girl” but also her first two books; Sharp Objects and Dark Places. Gritty at just the right level. Love them.
- Movie: The Great Gatsby and Django.. very close tie.
- T.V show: Karl Pilkington’s The Moaning of Life. I watch far too much T.V for my own good so this was hard to choose, but I guess this show stood out to me most! Hilarious right through. Honourable mentions go to Girls, Orange is the new black,Walking Dead, Dexter, Sherlock and The Following.
- Food: Cadbury’s Marvelous Creations, my life has felt more complete since this came into my life.
- Artist/Band: Lorde; new discovery this year
- Song: Jay Z Tom Ford… I loved this album fullstop but this song has been on replay nonstop since it was released. H to the Izzo and all that….
- Album: The Great Gatsby literally left me gobsmacked. Just as good as the movie, if that was possible,
- Style Trend: Can I be predictable and say Leather? No? Ok.. em well that’s pretty much what I wore ALL year. #wannabebiker
Wooh.. that was probably one of the toughest lists I’ve ever had to compile. There were so many other things that I loved during 2013 that sadly couldn’t make the list, but stay tuned for them featuring in more of my reviews.
Bring on 2014 and what it has to offer!
Thank you for reading now and for all of 2013, you guys are my ultimate favourite! (Ew, too mushy??!)
4 thoughts on “The List: My 2013 Favourites”
Oh my gosh, I hear you about Cadbury’s Marvelous Creations. I am totally addicted to the peanut toffee one.
Mmmm haven’t tried that one! Sounds amazing. They are literally my favourite discovery of 2013.
Great info Kate……will try as many as possible. xxxx
Nice reading it!. I bought the Rosehip oil after you posted about it. I like it so much!. Will do a post on it probably next month and link your post in it :). It’s not Trilogy though. It’s Aura Cascia or something… I found Trilogy somewhere but it costs about 134 bucks in my currency…