When life gets a little too much or takes an unexpected turn, most people pray to their God, others soul search, I… consult Sex and the City. Far from being just your typical girly show, Sex and the City has taught me so many practical life lessons that I feel almost an obligation to share them with my lovely readers…(Pssstt..that’s you by the way!) So grab a Cosmo and bow down to these infinite wisdoms!
1) Never underestimate the importance of a good ol’ reliable bag:
2) Sometimes in life, things may not go the way you expected, but suck it up and make the best of what you have: The best any of us can do is not to quit, play the hand we’ve been dealt and accessorize what we’ve got” (My personal favourite!)
3) If a relationship doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t: A relationship is like couture, if it doesn’t fit right, its a disaster!
4) Even when you feel your most sad, you gotta get up and do something to make yourself happy: When life gets confusing, there is only one thing to do: attend a fabulous party.
5) Don’t let a simple failure knock your confidence:
6) Your friends are your most important asset: “they say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go,but friendships never go out of style.
7) Shopping is (very) good for you: “You can shop online”, “No! Shopping is my cardio.” “
8) Having a very very full wardrobe is nothing to be ashamed of:
9) Aim high and never settle: “Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies”.
10) Age is nothing but a number: “I am fifty f***ing two and I will ROCK this dress”…Oh Samantha!
11) Perfection is just a word:
Well folks, I better stop here before I get Carrie’d away… hehe…geddit?
What are some of your favourite and most loved quotes from SATC? I’d love to know!