Gosh, it’s been donkey’s years since I’ve tried a Bourjois base product and I’m kicking myself for it now! On a whim recently in my local Boots, I picked up this primer in the hope it would solve my mid-day shiny face issue. I didn’t have a huge amount of faith as I have tried a handful of mattifying primers with not a whole amount of success. However, I’ve been testing this primer for about 2 weeks now and I can confirm that it works fabulously!
- Applies very smoothly to the face and sinks in instantly
- Has quite a strong scent yet it didn’t break my ever so sensitive face out. Miracle?
- Kept my face shine free for pretty much the entire day
- Even though it has a matte formula it has a nice glowy effect on my skin.
- Made my pores look significantly smaller
- Has made my foundation last much longer as I need to use about half the amount that I was previously using!
- Doesn’t leave the skin feeling tight or dehydrated as with a lot of primers
- One shade suits all- hurrah!
- Product is colour-free so it can be worn on its’ own or under foundation.
- Love the packaging: small to keep in your make-up bag and has a pump so is economical and hygienic.
- This primer cost me just under €16 which is a little on the expensive side for a drugstore item. However, you do only use the teeniest bit so it will last you quite a while.
- Unfortunatley, I don’t think this primer is stocked in every Boots store yet BUT it can be bought on their online store: http://www.boots.ie/en/Bourjois-Paris-Happy-Light-Matte-Serum-Primer_1388139/. Keep your peepers peeled for it in all major pharmacies, drugstores and department stores.
Thanks to this little tube of joy, I think I just might be…maybe… falling in love with Bourjois again. ❤ Hmmm now what to try next?!
Have you tried this primer yet? What’s your favourite Bourjois product?
3 thoughts on “Sleepingbootay Reviews: Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer”
€16 for Bourjois wow!! :O
Glad you liked this I found it way too dry for my really dry skin, have a bottle nearly full with no owner now!
Oh no! That’s a pity! I have more oily/combination skin so I guess that seems to be why. Have you tried their other primer? I think it’s called Luminous serum primer…or something like that? Might be better for your skin type? x