Learning caps at the ready gals and prepare to get beauty-term savvy with my third (mini) instalment of “Beauty Jibber Jabber Explained”
1) Peptides: Peptides are little protein molecules that have an ability to change the way skin cells operate. They encourage skin cells to increase circulation or produce more collagen naturally, among other things.
2) Silicone: This is a smoothing ingredient, added to products to aid the skin in retaining moisture.
3) Essential Oils: In its most basic definition, an essential oil is a liquid that is distilled from the parts (leaves, stem, flower, etc.) of a plant. A flower actually gets its scent from what eventually becomes an essential oil. What’s even more confusing is that they aren’t even oil-y but in fact quite watery in their texture!
4) Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Organic elements that improve skin tone by clearing dead skin cells and lightening spots (Glycolic acid and Lactic acid are most common)
5) Beta Hydroxy Acids: Also help shed dead skin cells and serves as an anti-inflammatory agent (salicylic acid and ascorbic acid are most common)
6) Natural v Organic: “natural” ingredients are derived, in whole or in part, from natural sources with no synthetic compounds. “organic” ingredients are supposed to contain only plant-sourced ingredients that are cultivated without the use of synthetic chemicals, irradiation, or pesticides. ( Watch this space for more on this topic soon)
Okay guys, that’s it for my third batch of Beauty Jibber Jabber Explained, if you liked this post and would like to see more, make sure to comment below this post!
Until then, CLASS DISMISSED!
4 thoughts on “Beauty Jibber Jabber Explained #3”
Reblogged this on M&R by Justine Emma Mann.
Thanks so much for re-blogging me! Made my day! 🙂
Very informative :))
Thanks so much! I’m glad you liked it! Planning on doing more of these in the future so keep your peepers peeled! 🙂