I put my hands up and admit that my skin care routine changes like the weather! My skin changes season to season, rain to sunshine so my routine needs to adapt accordingly. Recently, my skin suffered a pretty nasty reaction which made my skin angry, very dry and even more sensitive than usual. To combat this, I had to introduce lots of heavily hydrating products that were not too harsh on my skin at the same time. If you are suffering from the same kinda skin situation or just a little bit nosey about some of the products that I’m using at the moment, then here we go:
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: A budget friendly Bioderma dupe that literally removes every morsel of your make-up without drying out your skin.
- REN Evercalm cleansing milk: A slightly new addition to my skin care collection but I feel it’s gonna be sticking around for quite some time. Creamy texture that doesn’t foam up. Soothes my skin and calms down any redness.
- Pixi Glo Tonic: This is one of those cult favourites that definitely deserves the hype. I use this to get rid of any residue of my cleanser and I feel it contributes to keeping my skin tone at an OKish level.
- Indeed Labs Eyesilix eye cream: I’m currently studying a new Online Course which means lots of late nights staring at the laptop screen. This is my eye cream of choice at the moment as its the best at soothing puffy eyes and getting rid of my dark circles come morning time.
- Simple Daily Light Moisturiser: My go-to classic moisturiser that’s nothing fancy to look at but really works a charm on my skin. No matter what condition my skin is in, I always go back to this old reliable, knowing that it will moisturise my skin without irritating it.
- Trilogy Rosehip Oil: Possibly one of my favourite skin care discovery of my life so far. This serum makes my skin feel and look a lot more healthy and brighter looking. It’s definitely reduced any scarring I had from past blemishes and has helped enormously with my recent skin reaction. This is a product I urge everybody to try!
- Sudocrem: The Irish Cure-All cream comes to the rescue yet again for my breakouts or redness these past few weeks. I am NEVER without a tub of this and I shudder to think of my life without it.
- Origins Drink me up Intensive Overnight mask: With everything that’s been going on with my skin lately I needed something to help bring it back to life. I’ve been applying this bad boy 2-3 times a week for a surge of moisture.
On top of all of the products, I’ve also been trying to up my water intake which of course is obvious but not always the easiest thing to do. I’ve been swapping my normal cuppa with green tea and popping a few Omega 3 tablets morning and night which are great for your skin’s health.
It may not be the routine that will suit everybody’s skin type but it has certainly worked a charm on tackling my skin woes over the past few weeks!
What products are in your current skin care routine? Do you have a certain product that you go to during times of skin catastrophes? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
2 thoughts on “My Current Skincare Routine (Combination/Sensitive Skin)”
Lovely post, Kate!. Those products look great. The Pixi one seems very interesting..
Thank you! It’s very good, but quite hard to get your hands on here in Ireland. Pretty much have to buy it online!